Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Products » Tixi Super Modems and Message Modems

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:21 am 
Newbee

I have TIXI message modem EM20 attached to equipment and would like to call the modem to talk to the equipment. When I call, the modem does not answer. So far, the only communication I have with the modem is through the equipment where I have only one initialization string which I can send. I need to tell it that the phone system is US and to answer the phone. I know how to send it the US code but still can not get it to answer the phone. I suspect that it does not see the line ringing and have not tested the line for ringing voltage although it works fine with regular telephones. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:26 am 
Tixi-Support-Team

jhthomas wrote:
I have TIXI message modem EM20 attached to equipment and would like to call the modem to talk to the equipment.
When I call, the modem does not answer.

Which operation mode do you use ? ModemMode (red ModemMode LED on) or Message Mode (ModemMode LED off).
In ModemMode you have to enable AutoAnswer manually by AT command ATS0=1.
jhthomas wrote:
So far, the only communication I have with the modem is through the equipment where I have only one initialization string which I can send.

Which string do you use ?

jhthomas wrote:
I need to tell it that the phone system is US and to answer the phone. I know how to send it the US code but still can not get it to answer the phone.

You have to enable the US line interface using a terminal programm (windows hyperterminal). Command AT*NC0&W

jhthomas wrote:
I suspect that it does not see the line ringing and have not tested the line for ringing voltage although it works fine with regular telephones. I am at a loss as to what to do.

If you connect hyperterminal to the modem and you call it's number, you should see several "RING"s in the terminal window.

E-Mail-Support, Mo-Fr, 9:00am - 5:00pm, Tixi-Support@tixi.com
Support-Hotline, Mo-Fr, 9:00am - 5:00pm, +49-30-406 08 300

Board index » Products » Tixi Super Modems and Message Modems