Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Programming Alarm Modems » Webserver

Post subject: Website upload
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:41 am 
Newbee

Hi,

I'm having some trouble to upload the website onto the TAM. The method of how to do this is described only very general in the manual and info-file.

I've compiled the html-file into a webscr.bin file and tried to upload it with a TFTP-program (tftpd32 freeware) trough an active internet connection (with CBIS). But i can't get connection when I try 'put file' (gives me error that the host has closed the connection).

What is the thing to upload it with TICO (see previous subject) and the role of the tixiweb.txt-file? How do I do this, do I open it in TICO (with or without latest project of the TAM) and than upload? When the latest project of the TAM is opened, I go to the 'webserver'-tab and open the tixiweb-file, nothing happens.

Can you describe me please how to upload it exactly with maybe recommended tftp-program?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Vermoesen

Post subject: Re: Website upload
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:13 pm 
Tixi-Support-Team

tomvermoesen wrote:
I'm having some trouble to upload the website onto the TAM. The method of how to do this is described only very general in the manual and info-file.

Sorry for that ! We hope to have a new easy to understand step-by-step webserver manual soon.

tomvermoesen wrote:
I've compiled the html-file into a webscr.bin file and tried to upload it with a TFTP-program (tftpd32 freeware) trough an active internet connection (with CBIS). But i can't get connection when I try 'put file' (gives me error that the host has closed the connection).

TFTP tranfer is to unstable via GSM or PSTN connections. We recommend to use it for ethernet connections only.

tomvermoesen wrote:
What is the thing to upload it with TICO (see previous subject) and the role of the tixiweb.txt-file? How do I do this, do I open it in TICO (with or without latest project of the TAM) and than upload? When the latest project of the TAM is opened, I go to the 'webserver'-tab and open the tixiweb-file, nothing happens.

You can only upload TixiWeb.txt if no project is loaded in TICO! You can use "File -> Open" or drag&drop to load the TixiWeb.txt into the left window and thereafter "send" it to the modem.

E-Mail-Support, Mo-Fr, 9:00am - 5:00pm, Tixi-Support@tixi.com
Support-Hotline, Mo-Fr, 9:00am - 5:00pm, +49-30-406 08 300

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:43 pm 
Newbee

Thank you for the quick reply!

The internet connection is made over a fixed line, so shouldn't the TFTP program work normally?

I have tried it also with TICO without opened project. I've sent a newly compiled tixiweb.txt file to the modem over the serial connection (should it be made remotely?) and the website hasn't changed after that.

Is it also normal that when I delete the webscr.bin-file and the tixiweb-file, and I run the make.bat again with new html-files, no new files are made? The exisiting files are just changed every time?

Tom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:38 pm 
Newbee

Hi,

I've tried it again with TICO, and now i can't access the website anymore.. Transfer was however succesful... how is this possible?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:51 pm 
Tixi-Support-Team

tomvermoesen wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply!
The internet connection is made over a fixed line, so shouldn't the TFTP program work normally?

TFTP is very time critic....

Did you try to disable the user authentication ? This sometimes helps on TFTP problems:
[<SetConfig _="USER" ver="y">
<AccRights>
</AccRights>
</SetConfig>]

tomvermoesen wrote:
I have tried it also with TICO without opened project. I've sent a newly compiled tixiweb.txt file to the modem over the serial connection (should it be made remotely?) and the website hasn't changed after that.

Does your webseite include a "index.html" (not "htm" !) file ?
Did you upload a webserver archive configuration like this:

[<SetConfig _="ISP" ver="y">
<WebServer>
<ActiveSite _="Site1"/>
<Port _="80"/>
<KeepConnected _="300s"/>
<Site1>
<Archive1 _="WebSrc.bin"/>
</Site1>
</WebServer>
</SetConfig>]

tomvermoesen wrote:
Is it also normal that when I delete the webscr.bin-file and the tixiweb-file, and I run the make.bat again with new html-files, no new files are made? The exisiting files are just changed every time?

The behaviour is controlled by the make.bat file. You can change it, so that it uses filenames given by parameter (e.g. %1 etc.).

E-Mail-Support, Mo-Fr, 9:00am - 5:00pm, Tixi-Support@tixi.com
Support-Hotline, Mo-Fr, 9:00am - 5:00pm, +49-30-406 08 300

Board index » Programming Alarm Modems » Webserver